Handpresso UK is a trading name of Stafco Limited . We respect the privacy rights of its online visitors and recognise the importance of protecting the information collected.
When you place an order with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone number(s), home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfil your order.
How and when do we collect your personal information?
When you provide information to us by:
- registering on the Site for an online account or otherwise contact us to obtain information relating to us or our services;
- updating the 'Your Online Account', 'Your Address Book' or 'Your Order Details' section of the Site;
- communicating with us by phone, email or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or inquiry form;
- subscribing to our mailing list; and/or
- interacting with the Site
Information from other sources
We receive information from third parties we use in providing services to you from time to time (including delivery and address information from our carriers and account and credit history information from credit bureaux and sources we use to process payments).
We may also obtain additional information from any authentication or identity checks we run. These checks ensure that your payment is genuine and protect both you and Stafco Limited from fraudulent activity.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us – including, for example, to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- handle orders, deliver items and process payments;
- communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers;
- update our records and maintain any online account you may have with us;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Site;
- conduct market research, reporting, analysis and modelling so as to improve the products and services we provide; and/or
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
When do we share your personal information?
We only share your personal information with our other offices, our agents or third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- When we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing credit/debit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Where it is necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may share your personal information with other companies and organisations.
- In any other unforeseen circumstances, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information.
How do we use your personal information?
Stafco Limited may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account.
If you have consented we will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services. We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by Handpresso UK
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update to which you have subscribed. Any email we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt out. For more support please email email@example.com
The personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Your personal information may also be shared with other trading divisions within the Stafco Limited. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs.
IP addresses, cookies and web beacons
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to improve the structure and content of our site and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and our members. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used by us on our site:
- Session Cookies: which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- Persistent cookies: which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Session Cookies allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information and to allow you to access stored information. Persistent Cookies help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
Our website may contain electronic images known as web beacons which allows us to count users who have visited those pages and deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on our site. They are a technique to compile aggregated statistics about our website’s usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
How do we keep your information secure?
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the Site. All data transmitted via this form (including credit/debit card details) is 128bit encrypted so it is transmitted securely. To verify this, when placing an order using the Site a padlock will appear in your browser. It is normally in the status bar, towards the righthand side, at the bottom of your browser window. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to the Site.
Our security is guaranteed by the certificate provider Shopify.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly, please do not send any sensitive information such as credit/debit card details or passwords via email.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
The security of your personal Information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use best in class means to protect your personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How to contact us